Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oak's Horoscope


Cancer - June 22 - July 22

Element: Water
Modality: Cardinal
Ruler: Moon
Symbol: Crab
Healing Combo: Aquarius, Sagittarius

Most compatible with: Scorpio. Pisces, Taurus, Virgo

What a Cancer dog daydreams about: Rainy days and snow storms so you'll have no interest in going outside. AMC movie marathons, listening to the radio and watching you smoke your pipe or bake apple pie.

Keywords: sensitive, moody, emotional, intuitive, domestic, shy, touchy, nurturing, protective, needy.

The Personality Snapshot:

Cancer dogs need to be cuddled.
Cancer dogs need to be mommied.
Caner doggies say "home is where the heart is."
Cancers dogs need home-cooked food.
Cancer dogs need you to remember their birthday and your anniversary.
Cancer dogs have memories like an elephant-they never forget.
Cancer dogs are extremely sensitive to harsh words-so speak sweetly and softly.
Cancer dogs don't always like other dogs unless they're equally as sensitive.

Oak definitely loves to be cuddled and mommied. He loves other dogs, so that part does not fit.

In-Depth:

You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore:
The most sensitive and nurturing of all dogs. They have a tough shell exterior but that's simply to protect their vulnerable little hearts. They want to take care of you but be babied in return. Like their symbol, the crab, Cancer doggies will never approach matters directly but will sidle up to you with subtle hints that they need something. They're home-loving pups and soooo keenly sensitive to their environment that if you live in a dump or austere flat then start decorating they'll be forced to run away from home. This domestic doggie needs to be treated like a true and cherished member of the family — not just some pet relegated to a dog house or crate. This dog is not only sensitive but borders on psychic. They feel when you're going to leave them for your vacation even if you leave no clues. They'll even run and hide when they feel a vet trip in the near future — even though you've given no indication that you've booked an appointment.

When Oak thinks I am leaving he goes and sits in front of the door. There's no way I'm going anywhere without him :)

C.D. (Cancer Dog) Phone Home:
This doggie is more than just a lover of all things domestic — they are fervently attached to their home. It takes a lot to convince them that there is anything worth leaving their little sanctuaries for. If they could live under a blanket away from all loud noises, people and other doggies they probably would. They'd hope you would share this home-loving sensibility and feel it utterly unnecessary to go out. They can't stand to see you leave the home, and wait anxiously for your return. Their favorite times are cozy nights spent at home with you. They love affection from you but can't stand stranger's touching them let alone grooming them — especially if they're rough or aggressive. Cancer stars are so shy and sensitive on first meeting and may surprise you by how antisocial they can be. Other than their immediate family, Cancer puppies really don't care for strangers all that much. They'll be utterly traumatized if you throw them into a dog run with a bunch of brutish types. They need to be around other sensitive and caring souls who approach gently and with caution. Overzealousness makes their fur crawl.

This part does not fit at all. He loves everyone, doesn't mind going to the groomers at all, and he's not the least bit antisocial. He thinks everyone is his friend and they should all want to pet him :) His friend at daycare is Barkley. There is nothing calm and quiet about Barkley. He is constantly running around and playing and getting Oak to play too.

Memories, Like the Corners of My Mind:
This dog has a memory like an elephant and expects you to have the same. Especially when it comes to remembering their birthday or the anniversary of the day you brought your baby home. Be sensitive to shower them with plenty of reassurance and make them feel safe and secure knowing that you'll never leave their side for long. They have an abandonment complex after all. They'll be unduly traumatized for life if you raise your voice or even yank their leash too hard out of impatience. Things that might just roll of another dog star's back will leave deep scars for life on your thin-skinned Cancer doggie. And they may forgive, but they never ever forget.

He does seem to think I am going to abandon him if I leave, but sometimes the only way to get him to listen is to yank on his leash!

Looney Tunes:
Cancer dog stars are ruled by the moon, which might explain their frequent lunatic-like outbursts. Your friends and neighbors will undoubtedly marvel at the odd ball behavior of your Cancer pooch — wondering where on earth you ever got such a loose-cannon creature. Just make sure they don't insult your hypersensitive pooch because the Cancer dog star's feelings are so easily hurt. You'll have to get used to the way your moon-ruled pup exhibits even stranger behaviors on the full moon. They may even start howling for no reason or suddenly start wolfing down their dog food on those nights. Or maybe they simply run around the house like a possessed little freak for no apparent reason. Blame it on La Luna.

I can definitely see this in Oak. He goes looney every night! Runs around, plays, wants outside, wants inside etc. Some nights he'll even start barking at nothing!

If the Cancer dog could talk, he or she would say:

That hurt my feelings
I don't want leftovers — I want the special people food that you're eating.
You forgot our anniversary!

He'll eat anything, anytime and I'm not sure his feelings would ever be hurt!

What a Cancer dog wants in an owner:

I want someone to treat me like their little baby and make me feel I am really the most cherished member of the entire family. If you have a baby already, I will be so jealous because I want to be the child of the family. I need nurturing! I want someone who hates to leave home for any extended period of time. And don't try to fool me by packing at the last minute, because I'll sense if you're leaving days before. Puleeez, don't abandon me or I could easily develop digestive issues. The more domestic and home-loving you are, the more my little Cancerian soul will feel assured. It's all about security lest my fur start falling out. I really need a sensitive owner who has the kind of loving care a doting Grandparent gives their favorite grandchild. I'd prefer if you wouldn't bring strangers around the house and expect me to interact with them in some extroverted way. Ain't happening friend — I don't like sharing my house or my owner with new people — my place my space! I want us to hide out together in our quiet little sanctuary — safely away from the battering of the cruel outside world. And why do you have to bring any outsiders in? It makes me way uncomfortable, I'll have you know. I don't warm up to others that easily. It takes time and I have to trust before I'll be willing to come out of my furry shell.


He definitely expects to be doted on and he loves being number one in my life. He gets upset if I pet one of the other dogs. He would never hide though, he expects to be in the forefront and the center of everyone's attention!

Healthy Pleasures:
Oh, and I'd like an owner who uses all natural cleaning and grooming products because I have a very delicate system. Chemicals make me ill. I prefer natural doggie food too as artificial ingredients could easily lead to major health issues because I just mentioned, I've got a sensitive constitution. I'm also a very finicky eater, so if I don't like my dog food, I won't eat it.

He definitely enjoys the natural food. He is fed B.A.R.F. - biologically appropriate raw food and he is blossoming. His fur is gorgeous, he is solid and very healthy. No chemicals for my baby!

Barking at the Moon:
I want someone who likes to go for long walks on the full moon and won't mind if I display my whacky lunar tendencies when the moon is full. If you're into moon worship or Wicca, you'll totally rock my world. When the moon is new, I'm usually at my lowest energy. When it's waxing, I may actually agree to leave the house once in awhile. When it is full, look out! I may need to do laps around the house and then bark like a psycho for the fun of it. When the moon is waning, I need my space and extra sleep time. Keeping in tune with the moon phases is key if you want to understand my whacky, lunar nature. My little doggie moods ebb and flow in accordance with the big silver ball in the sky.

No sleeping yet, maybe when he gets older :) He is defintely a whacky puppy though. He loves playing, eating, going for walks, going to the dog park, playing with other dogs or people and even going to the groomer!

What's you dog's horoscope say?

1 comment:

Amber-Mae said...

Hello there Oak! Oh my, I have no idea what my horoscope it actually. Hehe!

Belly jiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer