Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dog Plus Snow Equals Fun!

We had our first real snowfall yesterday, so of course we had to go to the park for a nice long walk!



The snowflakes were huge and very wet, so I had to sneak the camera out of the plastic bag and stand down wind to try to take pictures. It was quite the adventure.



Oak absolutely loved it a the park, he ran in circles, tried to find out what those delicious smells under the snow were, chased sticks and tried to jump into the partially frozen stream! Happily he listened when I told him NO! The first snowfall is always so pretty so I thought I'd try to take a portrait of Oak sitting happily among the glittering snow covered fields. He didn't think sitting still was a great idea at all. Why should he sit there, when there was all this fun stuff to do? Silly Mommy! In this shot his head is swinging around like a bobble head.



Then I finally got him to sit still long enough to get a quick shot!



Oak was very disappointed to be leaving, but I was freezing and soaked, so we will have to come back another day when I'm dry!

2 comments:

Bailey said...

I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow I want snow !

I eavesdropped on one of Mom's phone calls, and I think we might be going to the mountains next week, so my paws are crossed!

Happy Holidays!

Oak said...

Snow is fun!