Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heel Work

My little fuzz butt is being a bit cantankerous about heeling! Life is too exciting out there to stay by Mommy's side like a good boy! He's not even interested in the treats when we are walking down the street, so I've had to start using a martingale collar. It seems to be working quite well. The collar is worn at the top of the neck, just under the ears. This way you can control the head. If you control the head, you can control the rest of him. He is also resisting sitting when we stop! He knows when he is at heel and we stop, he is supposed to sit, but he wouldn't do it consistantly last night! I think he has decided to hit the teenage years early! We are going to keep working on it and I'll let you know how it goes. We have class tonight, and hopefully it won't go as poorly as last night. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: