Monday, May 4, 2009

No More Cone, Yeah!

Oak's incision is healing wonderfully, so we are getting rid of the cone! Yeah!


Unfortunately that means he can get back in the mud again. :(

He really wasn't very good at wearing it. We had a 14 yr. old Border collie cross named Ebony who had to wear a cone for 10 days when she had her eye removed(glaucoma) and you could hardly tell she was wearing it. Sometimes if thnk she liked to use it to bring all the great smells in. Oak could not figure out how to maneuver it around. He'd bump into the door on his way outside, then just stand there cause he didn't think he could go any further. :) Poor little guy. I'd have to help him get around the door. He kept running into people too and Jewels(my daughter's boston terrier) was terrified of him when he was wearing it.


Now they can share the same blanket again :)

We are also back to our regular traing schedule, starting this morning. I think he forgot everything he had learned! (not really, but he was really hyper and happy to be out walking again). Alot of pulling and bouncing, but not much staying.

And we started the supplements in his diet. I've been adding the salmon oil and Sasha's Blend to breakfast and dinner. I'm not sure he likes the flavour though, as he's not really finishing his meals. It my be the antibiotics are upsetting his tummy a bit(razor burn from the surgery, so they gave me antibiotics just in case it got infected). We'll see, he really likes his food, so I'm sure he'll eat sooner or later.

Class again tonight. I've got my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Nibbles Treats said...

No cone - yeah! Nothing more pitiful than a doggy with a cone around his head. Enjoy your training!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Mason Dixie said...

So glad you are healing up good and no more cone!! good luck with training. =)

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

hurray no more cones. I'm sure his brain will kick in in a day or so and all that training will come back. i'd be too excited to stay too if I just got my cone off