Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to Class

Tonight is the first step on the road to my perfect, obedient, wonderful dog :) We are going to our first Novice class at 6:30pm. We have been practicing (a bit) and I think Oak is coming along quite nicely already. In fact, last night he made me very proud. Dishwashers are great! Puppies are great! Dishwashers and puppies together, not so great (unless you like your 60 lb puppy climbing onto the dishwasher door to clean off the plates!). So last night we tried something new. I put Oak in a down stay while I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. This was the first time we had tried this, and I thought he did really well. He did attempt to get up twice, but considering the job took about 10 minutes to complete, I was still very proud of him. Even my hubby thought Oak did a good job.
My plan, assuming I practice with Oak on a daily basis, is to enter him in obedience trials and get his Companion Dog before he turns one. Fingers crossed, that I keep the practice up! I'll let you all know tomorrow how well we did.

Today was also Barkley day at daycare :) Barkley is Oak's best friend and they play together constantly when they are together. Then Oak comes home and sleeps for 2 days :)

No comments: